EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST SERVICES
Trent Cook is our resident Exercise Physiolgist. Trent can deliver exercise physiology related services to assist a great number of health related concerns (identified below), Trent has also been trained to perform very specific Musculoskeletal Injury Rehabilitation through his post graduate qualifications. As a result Trent has become very successful in rehabilitating many complex spinal, hip and shoulder injuries, in addition to being an expert athlete strength and conditioning consultant and personal trainer.
Most musculoskeletal/biomechanical related problems require 2 to 4 exercise program progressions over a 12 week period to produce positive results. But all progress depends greatly on the individuals current health and physical condition. Trent will be happy to explain the best and most cost effective ways to assist you achieve better health, fitness and musculoskeletal function, no matter what your current condition.
It all starts with a musculoskeletal, posture and function assessment, then together with your input we will develop your individually tailored personal training session or home program. Contact Trent or Diane on 0418522271 to book your assessment today.
At Posture to Potential we are able to process your private health insurance policy via HICAPS or you can save more money by purchasing consultations in packs of 6, 12 or 24. Please call us if you are interested in our fees.
Specific Exercise Physiology Services Offered at Posture to Potential:
- Enhanced Primary Care Program Referrals (MEDICARE BULK BILLED)
- Department of Veteran Affairs (White & Gold Card Holders, refer notes below)
- WorkCover Referrals
Note: Entitled Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) clients may be referred for clinically
necessary Exercise Physiology treatment by their General Practitioner on a valid D904
* Gold card holders are entitled to clinically necessary treatment covered by DVA's
health care arrangements for all health conditions.
* White card holders are entitled to clinically necessary treatment for (a) an accepted
disability ie: an injury or disease accepted by DVA as caused by war or service
What is an Exercise Physiologist?
- Specialist in exercise for rehabilitation
- Exercise for health and well being
- Chronic and complex medical conditions
- Musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- Work conditioning
- Improved sports performance
- Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEP's) are university qualified allied health professionals who met the stringent accreditation criteria set by the Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA).
- AEP's specialize in the delivery of exercise and lifestyle modification programs for people with chronic conditions and healthy populations.
Why a GP may refer you to an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
- To improve your quality of care.
- To improve your self management.
- To incorporate more preventative services
Accredited Exercise Physiologists are differentiated from other allied health professions by the possession of extensive knowledge, skills and experience in clinical exercise delivery and health-behavior modification counselling for people with chronic disease.
AEP's treat and manage a broad range of conditions. These include a range of commonly preventable health conditions, including:
- Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Musculoskeletal Injury
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Spinal Pain and Dysfunction
- Chronic Respiratory Disease and Asthma
- Sedentary Behaviours
- Motivational Exercise Adherence
- Physical Restrictions or Mobility Issues
- Co-Morbid Issues
- Plus many more specific disease and illness concerns.